Sunday, November 18, 2012

We got a wood burning stove!

My dad is such a handyman! He has done brick mason work for years and when we decided to do a stove I wanted him to do the brick work. There wasn't much I could do to help but I liked watching him work and asking him questions.
 
The first brick going in!
 He probably wondered what I was doing when I kept taking pictures! I thought this mud looked cool when he dumped it on the board.
 Garrett had been wanting to help so bad. He would ask in the mornings if grandpa was going to be there when he got home from school so he could help.
 Then end of the first day.
The bricks all done!
 Our first fire...we love it! There's nothing quite like the heat from a wood burning stove. Much warmer than a furnace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment