The other night Ashlyn was helping me make banana bread and I was greasing the pans. It reminded me of baking a cake with my grandma. I remember greasing the pan and asking her if I needed to do the sides. She said-would you want to climb up a greasy wall. Tonight while I was doing dishes I was reminded of her again. She always washed the dishes with a the sink half full of water. I remember talking about it once with my mom and Lynette and wondering why she did that. No one knew. I now do the same thing...my reason is that I lay the clean ones in the other side of the sink and don't want to rinse the bubbles on top of the clean ones. I love my grandma very much and think about her often. My birthday is the day before hers and I always thought that was so neat. She would call me every year when I was younger and tell me happy birthday. If we were there around my birthday she would always make a cake with fluffy frosting. She thought it was my favorite and I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise. 
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
4 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment