I found this blog that I Love. She doesn't sugar coat everything and make you feel like an absolute failure. She is real and I can relate. This is what I read today and again I felt somewhat normal -
I'm an average mom. I yell too much and don't listen enough. I mess up. Daily
My kids are normal too. They can be delightful one minute and talking back or writhing on the floor in a tantrum the very next.
Then I come home from work to find that while the kids were out early from school today and unsupervised, Matt was napping, the hall was being used as a photography studio.
Is this a sign of what summer is going to be like.

Does this mean I have failed as a parent. Have I done my job when I have taught them right from wrong and they choose wrong. I'm sure I am not the only mother that feels every day that they have failed in some way or another. The purpose of me starting this blog was to realize what blessings I do have in my life and to make the most of them. But I also need to learn to take the good with the bad. To continue to do my best to teach them right from wrong and pray daily that they will choose right. And when they do choose wrong to let them know that I will be here for them no matter what. I love these kids and I hope that one day they will think that I did my best and will understand the reasons for the things I have done.
The name of the blog is
http://www.wearethatfamily.com/. It is hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment